Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Twenty Two: Beer



Beer
We left Freiburg early this morning, and headed off towards Munich. We had a beautiful drive through the Black Forest, and saw a little bit of the German Countryside before arriving in Munich mid-afternoon. Mom may or may not have driven over 105mph- Garmin told us so! It was AWESOME! Tomorrow afternoon, we head off towards Herrenchimensee and Salzburg!
While it was only fitting to chose Kartoffelhaus to represent my last evening in Freiburg, it is truly only fitting to have beer represent my last day in Germany. Tonigh, we ended up at THE Haufbrauhaus. We had a lovely dinner (with beer, DUH!) in the HB restaurant and then went down into the beer hall post-dinner. Mom and I finished our beers, while Ben grabbed a second. It was a neat, as it was very reminiscent of Oktoberfest. The little band even played the Prost drinking song. I really enjoyed it a great deal.

When I arrived in Germany this past September, I could barely smell, let alone sip, beer without cringing. Tonight, I really enjoyed my liter of beer. It’s an interesting way to see how I have changed these past four months. Without becoming an alcoholic, (which is more than quite a few kids in my program can say) I am now able to enjoy a glass of beer. If nothing else, I think this is a wonderful thing to have gained from this semester!

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment