Thursday, December 17, 2009

Seventeen: German Efficiency



Germany Efficiency
A widely known German stereotype is that they are wildly efficient. The staffers at the center were particularly adamant about this. All I can say is.... WHAT!? These two pictures are of the outside of my dorm. My room is the one with the metal blind down. The one where the wall is grey is taken from my first week in Freiburg, the second is taken from yesterday. They have been working on our buildings every weekday and have very little to show for it. I'm pretty sure I could have singlehandedly been finished with the project in October. Just saying. Also, the scaffolding goes all the way around the building complete with stairs connecting the levels. While it was very alarming in the beginning to periodically see grown men outside my window, the scaffolding makes for excellent passageways. Caitlin's German flat-mate (who is from Turkey) told us that when they first put it up, people thought it was hilarious and used it to visit friends. To the point that there were traffic jams and serious congestion. Awesome. I am seriously disheartened from missing this, but Caitlin and I did test it out once. It was pretty rickety, and we were concerned for our lives. It's okay though, cause we survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment