Monday, December 21, 2009

Twenty One: Kartoffelhaus

Kartoffelhaus

It is only fitting that Kartoffelhaus represent my final day in Freiburg. Besides being the greatest and my favorite of the restaurants in Freiburg, it symbolizes the wonderful friendships I made here. Each week, Caitlin and I would head to Kartoffelhaus for some potatoes and conversation. We could digest the week, mock any foolishness, and chat while eating the most scrumptious food. When we ate there, we felt much less like tourists and more like Germans. If only because it felt as though we were amidst Germans, not Americans or whomever. Plus, Kartoffelhaus was the perfect mix of German culture, and comfort; the waitresses always had the patience to let us try our German, but would meet us in the middle with English when we failed. To be completely honest, Kartoffelhaus will be one of the things I will miss the most about Germany. I’m going to miss Caitlin too, but thankfully she will be available to me in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment