Monday, December 14, 2009

Thirteen: Public Transportation

Public Transportation
As I obviously do not have a car in Germany, I have become a public transportation pro. I am now able to read those confusing maps, buy tickets, and confirm it's going where I want to go. Since we have used these pretty much everywhere we're travelled I can do this in a number of languages: Italian, Spanish, French, English! and German. There have been a number of horrifying moments though, like when I had no idea how to open the doors of the trams, or the first week when I couldn't differentiate between the names of the stops and wasn't sure what my stop was called. Or the first time I was checked for my tram pass- I didn't know what was going on and almost didn't find it in my bag. It was scary at first, but I have really come to love the tram. Especially since it stops about a one minute walk from my flat. This picture was taken at my stop, Paula-Modersohn Platz. My favorite stop is the one next on the line, which is called Peter-Thumb Strasse. The announcing voice on the trams is stellar too. I will miss his guidance. He never leads me astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment