Monday, October 5, 2009

The closest I will ever be to being a real Disney Princess


It was so nice having Mom here in
Freiburg, even though 5 days wasn't nearly enough. We had SO much fun playing around in Freiburg, and drove over to Neuschwanstein in Bavaria. Please note that we drove, it was intense. We started out with Garmin... who obviously mislead us. Well technically it died abut 3/4 of the way there and then I navigated us back by signs, a stellar map (Thank you SO much Jeff & Sue!!), and pre-mapquested directions. Mom did an amazing job driving. She said it was no big deal, but let me tell you. When it's almost ten, you've been driving for three hours, are on the autobahn, and cars are flying past at what MUST but 150+ km per hour.... IT IS AWESOME.

As for the Castles, they were amazing. You can see both in that picture, actually. The small one to the right is where King Ludwig II grew up, and then he started to build the big castle, but he was declared insane and mysteriously drowned so it wasn't quite finished. It was stunning. Everything a castle should be. Ridiculously magnificent and imposing... I loved it. It was fun being there with mom too. I think it was even better since we were together.

It was sad to see her go on saturday, but I am going to join her in Cologne on thursday. I cannot wait. It's going to be fun, but I know it's going to be harder to say goodbye after. I have two big exciting things to look forward to. On sunday I am hoping to finalize Thanksgiving break plans- I think I'll be in Malta. Which will be really fun. The second thing is monday morning we leave for Paris, Luxembourg and Brussels. I am PUMPED for Paris. I mean... Brussels and Luxembourg will be fun... but Paris? Oh my.

Meanwhile, my life in Frieburg is becoming more comfortable. I've decorated my room more, and so it feels a little less like a prison cell. Mom got me a pretty little plant that I hope not to kill. I may need a babysitter while we're gone next week! I have found a favorite bakery, located a super cheap grocery store, figured out the Munster Market hours, and found a new favorite authentic German Restaurant.

It's bedtime in Germany, so Gut Nacht meine Fruend!

Edit: Sorry! I said it's as close as I'll ever come to being a Disney princess cause this is supposedly the castle Walt Disney used as an inspiration for Cinderella's castle in Disneyland. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment