Monday, October 11, 2010

Best. Week. Ever.

I've had an amazing week. A lot of accomplishments, a lot of fun, a lot of big moments. I will start from the beginning.

Monday: I turned in my first paper of the year. I was pleased with my work and considered it a success.

Tuesday: Had my second calc exam, which went well. The afternoon with Tatum was great fun. My first landmark life moment happened with her! I dropped Tatum off at Liana's friends house. It was my first time driving a baby anywhere, and it happened super smoothly. She was very happy the whole ride and I am pleased. Here is the Tator-Tot with the balloon we have in our house. Whenever she is upset, it makes her happy. Mink and I covet the balloon for its magical powers.

Wednesday: Got back an exam from the week before and the essay I'd written for monday. I'm pleased with my scores. I even aced an essay within the exam, which out professor said rarely happens. GO ME. Then I headed to work, for what I thought would be an uneventful evening of calls. Nope! I am now hired as a deputy field organizer for the Washington State Democrats! BAM. Basically, I'm going to get paid for what I'm already doing! I'm absolutely thrilled. And THEN I met some people from the official side, who I blew away with my outstanding work ethic while I was making calls. I found out that Nikki has strongly recommended me for the spring official side internship for Patty Murray. Basically, I've secured myself an internship for the spring- given that Patty wins the election!!!

Thursday: I went and saw the pre-law advisor who soothed some of my fears about law school. And he said just with my GPA I can get into 50% of the law schools out there. I have to wait for my LSAT score to figure the rest... but hey! I only need to get into one to become a lawyer.

Friday: I MET JOE BIDEN! He came into Tacoma for a Get Out the Vote rally with Patty Murray and Christine Gregoire, and a couple other WA democratic Gems. He was an incredible speaker! Afterwwards a couple other people from the campaign and I ran out to shake JB's hand. He gave me a nice shake, and then I was trying to take a picture of him with my cell phone, and he grabbed it, handed it to a secret service guy, and leaned in for a hug. It was amazing. He smelled SO good. And then Patty Murray recognized me! Epic. Such a great day!!



Saturday: I got up bright and early for the LSAT. I thought it went pretty well. You know, it's funny because when people ask how it went I generally respond it went well. And I actually enjoyed taking it. It was fun! I enjoyed all the logic puzzles and stuff. I am so so so so so excited and nervous to get my score back in November! Eeek. Then I headed to the Homecoming football game for an hour. I missed the end of the game, but... I mean it was 35-0 linfield at half or something like that so... it's not like I missed a nail biter. I missed it, because I had to hurry home to get ready for my friend Erienne's wedding!  Erienne looked absolutely stunning! The wedding and reception were beautiful and we had a fabulous time. I must admit jumping around to all the country classics alongside the cha cha slide was awesome. I was legitimately super sore the next morning. I can't believe I'm old enough to be going to my friends weddings, but I'm sure loving it!

Sunday was blessedly slow. It was my first day on the job as a DFO. It was super fun, and I enjoy working with the two guys I'm in a legislative district with. Thank goodness, cause we're going to be spending a lot of time together!!

Looking ahead:
- I'm going to start writing my personal statement! Topic: All the things I never thought I'd learn Life-guarding!
- FALL BREAK!! This is the spring break I've never had, so I'm going big. Can't wait! It will be a joy to have some time off from school and the campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment