Friday, August 28, 2009

Gettin' Ready

I'm just getting organized and ready to leave. It's amazing what I haven't done yet, and I'm beginning to feel crunched for time. I leave this coming monday and it's clearly going to be an adventure. There isn't an airport in Freiburg, so I fly into Zurich. Once I get arrive and clear customs, I have to find the train station, and purchase a ticket. Once I'm on the train, I have a transfer AND have to go through customs again as I leave Switzerland. Once I finally arrive in Freiburg, I need to get a taxi and direct it to the IES EU center. All this, I am going to do alone and I don't speak any German. Uh oh. But I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wish me luck?

3 comments:

  1. 1. EVERYONE under 40 in Germany and Zurich, speaks English.
    2. Trains are easy... just make sure your going in the right direction. :)
    3. I miss you and am so so so jealous you are embarking on this adventure.
    LOVE and elbows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! I'm so excited you're writing a blog because now I will have something to distract me from homework! Have an amazing time and I'm sure you will do fine with the trains and everything, people are very helpful and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in the air, probably over the ocean, as I write this. It is going to be an amazing adventure, Anna!

    ReplyDelete